Have you ever had one of those weeks where you are completely unmotivated? I’m not sad or stressed, just unmotivated. Now that I am thinking about it, I think this feeling has been going on for a lot longer than a week, it might even be two or three by now or maybe even longer. I am not the only one either. Andy is just as unmotivated as I am.
Bottom line, my life is boring and not really going anywhere.
In an effort to remedy this, I did what any 35-year-old would do, I Googled it. The first link to ping is this article “10 Brutally Reasons Why Your Life is so Boring Right Now.” I read through it, and honestly, most of these reasons do not apply to us.
- We have an active social life.
- I don’t care what pants I wear as long as they are appropriate for the environment.
- I am happily married and my husband is funny and gorgeous- no problem with my love life.
- Have I let myself go? That’s a definite one to ponder. Physically no, mentally and emotionally- maybe?
- We make plans and we follow through. When we make no plans, we’re bored. But having something every night of the week can get exhausting and expensive.
- Definitely a lack of travel. We do travel, but for the most part, it’s to see family. Two weeks of vacation and family everywhere but here means R&R time is limited and feels “forced.” Then, there’s the whole boarding of a senior dog which is hard right now.
- I don’t feel above anything.
- Target and TJXX Stores are my happy alone time. I also go get pedicures and haircuts. So yeah, I am happy when I am alone and get enough of it.
- I’ve become boring. I have not tried anything new in a while. I can say yes to that, but what do I want to try anyways?
- I spend too much time on the internet. Well duh, I obviously Googled “My life is boring.”
In an effort to remedy this, I am trying to book us something to look forward to every month. This month it’s a baseball game and a casino night. Next month, I need to figure out something. October we have a bicycle thing. Then we have something big in November and December. So let’s see if this will get us out of our funk. Seriously, my guest bathroom is getting wallpaper, a new sconce, and mirror next week- you’d think I’d be more excited. But I feel more or less like “it’s happening, good, I can check it off the list.”
Pretty sad. But the wallpaper is not. So I guess more on that in a couple of weeks.