My next review of online interior design software is EasyHome HomeStyler. This is a 100% free software that does not require a download. They also have a mobile app of the program. Below are some 2D and 3D renderings of my guest bedroom.
First off, just like Home By Me, it’s obvious that the program does not offer paneled interior french doors. There are interior sliding doors, pockets doors, but no swinging french doors. Other issues I have found:
- Resizing fixtures or home items is impossible- You can resize walls, windows and other architectural elements but when it comes to items from the catalog whether its a bed, nightstands, or window treatments, they are not re-sizable. In my shared images there are no nightstands (they would not fit with the jumbo sized bed) and the window drapes are way too wide.
- Building items are limited- Lack of paneled interior french doors is only one problem. You can not change the color on building items, only the general height and width. Also, I think there are only 6 options for carpet.
- Applying paint sucks- Click the wall then go back and click the paint color in the paint box. Repeat for every wall. It would be nice if there was an option to paint all walls this color. Also, the colors are just HEX codes. With as many name brand items in the program, you’d think they could use actual paint names like “Sherwin Williams Tricorn Black.”
- 3D- There is first person view and orbit view. They are really touchy to mouse movement. Orbit is like a birds eye view, only not. You’ll see what I mean if you try it. Also, you can not toggle the camera to move up and down. Only left to right and zoom in/ out.
What I did like about the program:
- Completely free!
- The catalog offers items from actual places you have heard from like Crate and Barrel, Room and Board, and Airhaus to name a few.
- I like the 2D rendering. It’s much more fun and artistic looking that Home By Me.
- Image downloading is quick, simple, and free. There is a screen shot button that you click to instantly take a screen shot of your program and download it.
- You can save as many projects as you like.
- 3D images are free and you can download as many as you want.
- Project Summary keeps track of everything you have added to your design. Weblinks to everything are provided there so you can easily purchase them.
- There is a recently used button that allows you to go back and select an item in case you make a bad design decision.
- 100s of paint colors to choose from.
- Background Image- You can upload a background image for added flair. Designing a mountain home? Upload a mountain picture.
- Mobile App option- Work on your design even when away from a PC.
Overall, I like the program but I would not use it if I were seriously designing something. I think of it was more of a game, like Home Building Simulator. Because it’s completely free, there is not reason why you should not visit the website and play around with it.